Drips, runs or sags in the paint finish on vertical surfaces.
- Hardener/reducer too slow
- Viscosity too low
- Material or object to be painted too cold
- Paint applied too wet
- Excessive film builds
- Flash-off times too short
- Spraygun held too close to the object
- Spray nozzle too large
- Irregular spraying action
HOW TO AVOID
Adapt material, spraygun and spraying technique to application conditions in the workshop. If necessary, clean spraygun and use a smaller nozzle.
When the paint has thoroughly dried, remove the run with a sanding block, carbon block or wet sanding paper. The finer the paper, the less damage to the paint and the easier to polish. Polish with Glasurit 562-1602 Fine Polishing Compound and finish with any standard high-gloss polish.