Usually small, irregular lifting of the paint film caused by foreign matter (e.g., dust/dirt) which can occur in different sizes, shapes, types and patterns.
- Poor cleaning of substrate prior to painting
- Lint containing overalls or clothes
- Spray booth dust problem due to dirty and clogged filters causing incorrect air supply and incorrect overpressure
- Intake of contaminated air (polishes, fine dust etc.) from other parts of the workshop
HOW TO AVOID
- Clean thoroughly before applying the paint.
- Use lint-free overalls and cloths.
- Have air flow settings set by the booth manufacturer.
- Ensure regular cleaning and maintenance of the spray booth and filters.
- Ensure that polishing/finishing areas are away from the paintshop and are separated by a filtering and ventilation system.
Polish with Glasurit 562-1602 Fine Polishing Compound and finish with any standard high-gloss polish. For major problems, sand down completely and apply a new finish.