Swelling and lifting of lower paint layers when new paint is applied. Problem may occur during painting or drying.
- Flash-off time too long when working wet on wet with 2K products (gel phase)
- Recoating of solvent-sensitive layers (NC/TPA) with the wrong repair materials or with excessive film builds
- Film thickness of sealing coats too low (applied too thin or sanded down too far)
- Substrate layers not thoroughly drie
HOW TO AVOID
- Always keep to recommended flash-off times.
- Carry out a solvent test and select a suitable paint system.
- Keep to recommended film builds.
- Re-dry the substrate, if necessary (e.g., with IR lamps)
Sand down the paint system to a “sound” surface. Refinish using the recommended undercoats and topcoats.