Rippled paintwork surface with uneven grooves. The upper coat dries faster than the coat under it. Occurs only with synthetic resin paints.
- Synthetic resin applied too thick
- Insufficient addition or no addition of drier
- Unfavourable drying conditions (e.g., very high ambient temperature)
- Keep to recommended film builds
- Add amount of drier specified in the mixing formula
- Ensure that drying conditions are favourable
For minor wrinkling, allow the affected surface to dry completely and then sand it off to a well-cured coat and apply a new finish. For severe wrinkling, strip the paint layer completely and repaint.