Usually small, irregular lifting of the paint film caused by foreign matter (for example, dust/dirt), which can occur in different sizes, shapes, types and patterns.
- Poor cleaning of substrate before painting
- Lint containing overalls or clothes
- Spraybooth dust problem due to dirty and clogged filters, causing incorrect air supply and incorrect overpressure
- Intake of contaminated air (polishes, fine dust etc.) from other parts of the workshop
HOW TO AVOID
- Clean thoroughly before applying the paint
- Use lint-free overalls and cloths
- Have airflow settings set by the booth manufacturer
- Ensure regular cleaning and maintenance of the spray booth and filters
- Ensure that polishing/finishing areas are away from the paintshop and are separated by a filtering and ventilation system.
Polish with Glasurit 562-1602 Fine Polishing Compound and finish with any standard high-gloss polish. For major problems, sand down completely and apply a new finish.