Orange peel effect
Poor surface texture of the paint finish (poor spray pattern)
- Spraygun held too far from object
- Spray pressure too low (poor atomization)
- Paint film too thin
- Viscosity too high (paint too thick)
- Hardener and/or thinner too fast for the conditions or size of object
- Spray nozzle too small
- Flash-off time too long between coats
HOW TO AVOID
- Keep spraygun within the recommended distance from the object.
- Ensure spray pressure is as recommended.
- Always apply wet coats.
- Adjust paint viscosity as recommended.
- Choose correct hardener and thinner ( temperature table).
- See tech data for correct choice of spray nozzle.
- Allow a long enough flash-off between coats.
For minor problems, sand down with P1200, polish with Glasurit 562-1602 Fine Polishing Compound and finish with any standard high-gloss polish. For major problems, sand down completely and apply a new finish.