Advice on paint defects
Spraydust - Dust Clusters
Paint dust particles from the spray environment in the new paint surface.
- Impurities due to paint residue/encrustation of the spray gun, paint hoses and clothing.
- Paint clusters (multi-coloured particles) from the spray booth fall into the wet paintwork. These particles often form on the roof of the spray booth if the air changes are poor or the filters are dirty.
- Paint spray contamination from adjacent paint jobs.
How to avoid
- Regularly clean spray guns, air hoses and clothing.
- Regular maintenance of the spray booth and filter systems and ensure the booth manufacturers set the airflow correctly.
- Keep jobs separate and masked from adjacent jobs..
Minor faults may be rectified by polishing with Glasurit Fine Polishing Paste 562-1602, and any standard deep gloss polish. Severe faults will require sanding back and repainting.