Advice on paint defects
Spots or stripes of light and dark patches, mainly seen in metallic finishes.
- Uneven spray application.
- Flash-off between coats or prior to application of clear coat too short.
- Colour coat applied too heavy or too light.
How to avoid
- Application must be even and correctly overlapped with the previous gun stroke.
- Ensure correct flash-off times are observed between coats.
- Apply the basecoat as recommended in the technical information.
If clouding occurs during the application of the basecoat, compensate by spraying over the affected areas using the correct technique. If clouding occurs after the clear lacquer has been applied, allow to dry, sand down, and repaint, using the correct technique.